Find a roofer in Decatur, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How long does it typically take to get a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
What is the proper occasion to schedule an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the standard rate charged by roofers for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What costs are affiliated with repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Decatur, GA
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Decatur, GA, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to hire the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.