Find a roofer in De Soto, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At what cost will a roofing professional charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What cost can be expected to fix my roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
How much should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the estimated time needed for building a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near De Soto, Georgia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in De Soto, Georgia. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.