Find a roofer in Damascus, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should a roof inspection be done?
Many roofing contractors recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How do roofers generally charge for labor for a replacement?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What costs are related to repairing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
During which time of the year should I book roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Damascus, Georgia
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Damascus, Georgia. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to hire the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.