Find a roofer in Dalton, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I book an appointment to get roofers come out?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal rate roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the normal period of time to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
At which point should I think about having a roof inspection conducted?
Most roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Dalton, GA
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Dalton, GA. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Dalton, GA. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house today.