Find a roofer in Dalton, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Dalton, GA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Dalton, GA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.