Find a roofer in Dallas, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Dallas, Georgia
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Dallas, Georgia. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.