Find a roofer in Conyers, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Conyers, GA. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Conyers, GA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Conyers, GA. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.