Find a roofer in Commerce, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good season for roofing work?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for services.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the normal price roofing specialists charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can cost around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost factor will vary with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the usual period of time to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
At what stage should I think about getting an inspection for my roof?
Most roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Commerce, GA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Commerce, GA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.