Find a roofer in Colquitt, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time needed for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
At which point should I think about getting an inspection for my roof?
Many roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How much does a roofer charge for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much is a contractor's rate to maintain the roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Colquitt, GA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Colquitt, GA. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Colquitt, GA. Find the right contractor for your home now.