Find a roofer in Cobb, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should my roof be inspected?
The majority of roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How do roofing experts typically price their services for roof replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What sort of prices are related to fixing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
During which season should I schedule services with a roofing contractor?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Cobb, Georgia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Cobb, Georgia. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.