Find a roofer in Clayton, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Clayton, GA. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Clayton, GA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Clayton, GA. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.