Find a roofer in Chamblee, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Chamblee, Georgia. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Chamblee, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Chamblee
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Chamblee, Georgia
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Chamblee, Georgia. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.