Find a roofer in Centerville, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Centerville, Georgia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Centerville, Georgia. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.