Find a roofer in Cedartown, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Cedartown, GA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Cedartown, GA. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.