Find a roofer in Canton, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Canton, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Canton
Roofing Maintenance Services near Canton, Georgia
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Canton, Georgia, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.