Find a roofer in Calhoun, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Calhoun, GA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Calhoun, GA. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the right professional for your project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.