Find a roofer in Cairo, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Cairo, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Cairo
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Cairo, GA
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Cairo, GA. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the right professional for your project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Cairo, GA. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property today.