Find a roofer in Brookhaven, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Brookhaven, Georgia. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Brookhaven, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Brookhaven
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Brookhaven, Georgia
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Brookhaven, Georgia. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.