Find a roofer in Bonaire, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to book.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Bonaire, GA
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Bonaire, GA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.