Find a roofer in Bloomingdale, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At which time of the year should I schedule services with a roofing expert?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing expert's services?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time required for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Bloomingdale, GA. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
At which point should I think about having an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofing professionals suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Bloomingdale, GA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Bloomingdale, GA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.