Find a roofer in Bethlehem, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Bethlehem, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Bethlehem
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Bethlehem, GA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Bethlehem, GA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Bethlehem, GA. Find the right contractor for your home today.