Find a roofer in Barnesville, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much should I estimate to fix my roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
How much should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can be around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the usual duration for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can approximate the hours for the project.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Barnesville, Georgia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Barnesville, Georgia. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.