Find a roofer in Ball Ground, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Georgia // Ball Ground
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the normal period of time to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
When is inspecting my roof necessary?
The majority of roofing professionals suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I expect to pay a roofer for a roof replacement job?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Ball Ground, GA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Ball Ground, GA. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.