Find a roofer in Ball Ground, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Ball Ground, GA. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Ball Ground, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Ball Ground
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Ball Ground, GA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Ball Ground, GA. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.