Find a roofer in Avondale Estates, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Avondale Estates, GA. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Avondale Estates, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Avondale Estates
Roofing Maintenance Services near Avondale Estates, GA
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Avondale Estates, GA. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to find the best companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.