Find a roofer in Austell, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Austell, Georgia. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Austell, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Austell
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Austell, Georgia
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Austell, Georgia. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Austell, Georgia. Find the right contractor for your home today.