Find a roofer in Athens, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is a good time for booking a roofing appointment?
The majority of roofing professionals advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How do roofing experts generally price labor for a replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the expected cost to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
When should I schedule to get roofing services performed?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This means that winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Athens, Georgia
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Athens, Georgia, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to find the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.