Find a roofer in Allenhurst, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Allenhurst, GA. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Allenhurst, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Allenhurst
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Allenhurst, GA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Allenhurst, GA. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.