Find a roofer in Adairsville, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to stall the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Adairsville, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Adairsville
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Adairsville, GA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Adairsville, GA. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.