Find a roofer in Yalaha, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Yalaha, Florida. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Yalaha, FloridaHome // Florida // Yalaha
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Yalaha, Florida
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Yalaha, Florida, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.