Find a roofer in Winter Park, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Winter Park, Florida
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Winter Park, Florida. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.