Find a roofer in Winter Haven, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Winter Haven, FloridaRoofing // Florida // Winter Haven
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How much will a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate price range for fixing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the typical cost per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the normal period of time for a roof replacement?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Winter Haven, FL. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Winter Haven, FL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Winter Haven, FL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to find the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.