Find a roofer in Winter Haven, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Winter Haven, FloridaHome // Florida // Winter Haven
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Winter Haven, Florida
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Winter Haven, Florida, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Winter Haven, Florida. Find the right contractor for your house right away.