Find a roofer in Windermere, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Windermere, Florida
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Windermere, Florida, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.