Find a roofer in West Palm Beach, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near West Palm Beach, FloridaHome // Florida // West Palm Beach
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near West Palm Beach, FL
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in West Palm Beach, FL. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.