Find a roofer in Trenton, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Trenton, Florida
If you need roofing maintenance services in Trenton, Florida, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Trenton, Florida. Get the roofing services you need for your house now.