Find a roofer in The Villages, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near The Villages, FloridaHome // Florida // The Villages
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near The Villages, FL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in The Villages, FL. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to hire the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.