Find a roofer in Tavernier, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Tavernier, Florida
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Tavernier, Florida. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.