Find a roofer in Tampa, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Florida // Tampa
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What should I expect to pay a roofer for replacement services?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the expected expenditure to fix my roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
How much do most roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Tampa, Florida. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Tampa, Florida
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Tampa, Florida. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Tampa, Florida. Get the roofing services you need for your home today.