Find a roofer in Tallahassee, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the perfect time for a roofing project?
No matter what season it is, you can call a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to book.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofing contractor's services?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will vary with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe for a roofer to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roof inspection?
Many roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Tallahassee, FL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Tallahassee, FL. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.