Find a roofer in Summerland Key, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which time is best to set up a roof inspection?
Many roofers suggest biannual roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How do roofers typically price labor for roof replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What cost can be expected for roof repair services?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Which is the ideal time to get your roof serviced?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Summerland Key, FL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Summerland Key, FL. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.