Find a roofer in Summerfield, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Summerfield, FloridaHome // Florida // Summerfield
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Summerfield, Florida
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Summerfield, Florida. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.