Find a roofer in Starke, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Starke, FL. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Starke, FL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Starke, FL. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.