Find a roofer in Sorrento, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Sorrento, FloridaHome // Florida // Sorrento
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Sorrento, FL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Sorrento, FL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.