Find a roofer in Satsuma, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Satsuma, FL. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Satsuma, FL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Satsuma, FL. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.