Find a roofer in Saint Petersburg, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Saint Petersburg, FloridaRoofing // Florida // Saint Petersburg
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal price charged by roofers for a replacement project?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much can it cost to repair a roof top?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the typical rate roofing professionals charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time required for building a replacement roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Saint Petersburg, Florida
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Saint Petersburg, Florida. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.