Find a roofer in Safety Harbor, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Safety Harbor, FL. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Safety Harbor, FloridaHome // Florida // Safety Harbor
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Safety Harbor, FL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Safety Harbor, FL. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.