Find a roofer in Punta Gorda, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Punta Gorda, FL. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Punta Gorda, FL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Punta Gorda, FL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.