Find a roofer in Pomona Park, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Pomona Park, FL
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Pomona Park, FL, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.