Find a roofer in Paxton, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Paxton, Florida
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Paxton, Florida. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.